- We collect some personal information when you register with the Site. At the moment, the only personal data collected is your freely chosen user name (which, of course, doesn’t have to be your real name).
- Beside that, the Site automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the page you request.
- We use this information for the following general purposes: product and service provision, identification and authentication, service improvement, research, and anonymous reporting.
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To tailor advertising based on geographic area or other information derived from your IP address.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting the Site from specific geographical regions.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use the Site.
- The Site uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- access your information when you sign in (regardless whether for a temporary session as a guest or by using your registered account details),
- keep track of preferences you specify while you are using the Site’s services,
- display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on the Site,
- estimate and report our total audience size and traffic,
- conduct research to improve the Site’s content and services.
- The Site lets other companies [that show advertisements on some of our pages, or perform user counting, eg. Google] set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to the Site’s own cookies.